USING NVA VISION REWARDS
- Using NVA Vision Rewards is easy. To get started, choose a doctor from our list of participating doctors and contact them directly. Be sure to tell them when you call and at your appointment that you are an NVA Vision Rewards member. It is also a good idea to confirm that you do not have insurance coverage for exams and glasses and that you will receive a discount of 20% as an NVA Vision Rewards member.
- Remember, your eye exam is the most important part of the process. Your NVA doctor will perform a quality eye exam that includes all of the tests necessary to evaluate your eye health and how well you see. Generally, eye exams take a little longer if you are a new patient or if you have not had an eye exam within the past two years.
- If you need glasses we recommend you order them from the NVA doctor who performed your exam. This allows the doctor to inspect your finished lenses and verify that they match your prescription. This is especially important if you purchase bifocal, trifocal or progressive lenses since even minor variations from your prescription can affect how well you see.
- If you want contact lenses please note that contact lens services and materials are not discounted through this program. Contact lens services and fees vary widely among doctors. Please let the doctor or their assistant know if you want information about their contact lens services and prices.
- After your exam, choose frames and lenses that fit your lifestyle and budget. To meet your needs for quality and value, NVA doctors display over 250 frame styles and offer most kinds of spectacle lenses. Try on different frames and ask about different lens options. When you are ready, you can find out exactly what your glasses will cost before you place your order. In most cases, your glasses will be ready in 7 – 10 working days.
- When your glasses fit you’re ready to go! Making sure your glasses fit properly and comfortably is essential. Most adjustments can be done while you wait. If you wear your glasses for a while and need to have them adjusted, give the office a call or stop by during regular office hours. In most cases you will not need to schedule an appointment unless you want to see the doctor.
If at any time you have a problem or concern about your glasses, don’t hesitate to let the doctor or their assistant know so they can talk to you about what to do next.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact your doctor of choice from the NVA Vision Rewards directory of participating doctors.
If you have medical insurance and aren’t sure if it includes benefits for “routine” eye exams and glasses, be sure to contact your health insurer.